For the 2019/20 season and beyond, we will transition the student-athlete registration to an All- Access Pass, available for a single flat fee of $300. This fee covers the full season of participation, including the following (with approximate value of each):
- NICA National Registration ($25)
- NJICL League Registration ($50)
- Rider and Coach Insurance Coverage for local team practices and NJICL events ($25)
- 5 Professional-Caliber Spring Races ($150+)
- Expanded Loaner Bike Program ($75+)
- Adventure Rides on Race Weekends ($75)
- Adventure Weekend Event, new for 2020 ($75)
- Summer Camp Discount ($100+)
- Teen Trail Corps Activities
- GRiT Events
- Professional NJICL Year-Round Staff
- Professional Skills Training
Every registered student-athlete will be issued a number plate and they do not need to register separately for events or races… they can just show up. An important note for parents or guardians: Under our new Volunteer Payback Program, you can earn up to a $75 refund off the registration fee by volunteering for the league.
Coach and team registration fees will remain unchanged.
These changes in our fees are designed to:
- Provide a simple fixed price for one season’s participation with the league. Our program offerings are becoming too diverse to make charging for separate events a desirable or practical option.
- Keep NJICL positioned to offer exceptional value for the programming provided, especially compared to other youth sports.
- Ensure the long-term financial stability of the league as we continue to face increasing costs and the phasing out of NICA National start-up grants in 2020.
For the first three years, we undervalued the costs of delivering our diverse and comprehensive program for the student athletes; we anticipate that the new fees will stabilize our finances and provide sufficient resources for us to continue to enhance the program in years to come.
We have offered a generous scholarship program since our inaugural season in 2017 and will continue to offer scholarships to ensure that family finances never become a barrier to entry for student-athletes interested in joining the league. Similarly, we are currently pursuing grant opportunities to significantly grow our fleet of loaner bikes, in a further effort to minimize the cost-to-play as a potential barrier to entry.
Also new for the 2019/20 season we will be offering a “6 months same as cash” payment option through PayPal Credit.
For more information, please reference the Program Cost Overview & FAQ page on our website.