Volunteers make the NJICL possible and are the backbone of our league. In recognition of our amazing volunteers and in appreciation of the financial burden youth sports can place on families, we are excited to offer our Volunteer Payback Program, providing parents and guardians of our student-athletes with the opportunity to earn back a portion of the participation fee by volunteering for the league.
Here is how it works:
You earn volunteer points for helping out the league in one of the many volunteer opportunities we offer; every volunteer point earns you $1 towards a registration refund, up to a maximum refund of $75 per student-athlete. Volunteer points will be awarded as follows:
- Coaching: 25 points (for every child you have in the league)
- Event weekend volunteer slots*: 10 points / shift
* We use signup.com to manage volunteer shifts at our events. Each event’s signup link is listed on our race page.
The fine print:
- Volunteer Payback amounts for parents of a student-athlete who was awarded a scholarship will be reduced by the scholarship percentage.
- Volunteer Payback payments will be issued by the league upon the completion of the season in early June through PayPal.
- Coaching volunteer points require active and meaningful participation as a coach.
- For coaches with multiple children enrolled in the league, the 25 point coaching bonus applies to every child. Volunteer points are not eligible for this multi-child multiplier.
- In order to receive the Volunteer Payback Program rebate, eligible volunteers are required to submit a simple Application Form to the league any time, but no later than three days following the last race of the season.