2019 NJ GRiT Ambassador Program is now accepting applicants!
Fill out this form to apply:
NJ Girls Rock! Was chartered in 2016 to help promote the participation of young women in the mountain biking community and the New Jersey Interscholastic Cycling League (NJICL). With the 2018 national launch of the NICA Girls Riding Together (GRiT) program, we decided to merge the two for even more impact!
Our mission is to empower young women and build their confidence through mountain biking. This will be done by helping introduce young girls into the NJICL, providing opportunities to develop mentor relationships with experienced female mountain cyclists, retaining girls by inspiring confidence in them and building the community of female riders in the NJICL and the state of New Jersey.
Resources that we provide include:
- GRiT Coordinators & mentors for team coaches and female student-athletes
- GRiT events at races
- GRiT tent at races to meet with other female students from around our community
- Experienced women ride volunteers to assist on team try-it-out rides
- Girls-only rides throughout the year
Our teams are always recruiting. Girls interested in joining the NJICL can reach out to the team director in their area to “try-it-out”; no pressure and no requirement to join after trying a ride! Check out the team map HERE. Or email email@example.com for assistance in getting involved.
Upcoming Events › NJ Girls Rock
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under NJ Girls Rock. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
Here are a few pics from some of our NJ GIRLS ROCK rides!