GRiT Crank Ups are all female rides that take place at various mountain bike trails throughout New Jersey. New riders are encouraged to attend! There will be a beginners skills clinic and beginners trail ride, as well as a ride for experienced athletes.
New riders can attend their first GRiT Crank Up for free, they just need a parent to sign a waiver. NJ NICA student athletes and coaches who are registered for the 2021-2022 season attend for free, but must register through Eventbrite.
If you like your first GRiT ride and decide you want more mountain biking in your life, new riders can register to join the GRiT program only ($100) or join an existing NICA team ($300, includes weekly team practices and spring races). All female student athletes who join a NICA team are automatically enrolled in the GRiT program. Athletes who join the GRiT program and decide later this season (Dec 2021 – June 2022) to join a NICA team can easily be transferred to that NICA team and their $100 GRiT registration will be applied toward NICA registration fees.
Adult females interested in joining a GRiT Crank Up ride should email email@example.com We are always looking for more mentors!
What to bring to the Crank Up?
- Helmet – we can loan you one if needed
- Mountain bike – we have a limited number of loaners, so please email us to check
- Water bottle or hydration pack
- Sturdy shoes
- Leggings or other non-loose pants
- Your waiver!
Each Crank Up is a separate registration, available on Eventbrite (each link is a separate event).
- Sat Oct 23 — Clayton County Park, Upper Freehold
- Sun Oct 24 — Cooper River Park, Cherry Hill
- Fri Oct 29 (night ride – no skills clinic) — Seaview Trails, Galloway
- Sat Oct 30 — Jakes Branch County Park, Beachwood
- Thur Nov 4 — Lewis Morris County Park, Morristown
- Sat Nov 6 — Nassau Trails, High Bridge
- Sat Nov 13 — Huber Woods County Park, Middletown Twp
- Sun Nov 14 — John Adams Middle School, Edison
- Sun Nov 21 — GRiT Fest — Allaire State Park, Wall Twp (more about GRiT Fest here)
- Fri Nov 26 — Kittatinny Valley State Park, Newton
- Sun Dec 5 — (JORBA Trail Maintenance + Social Ride) Allaire State Park, Wall Twp
- Sun Dec 12 — Six Mile Run, Somerset
For more information email the GRiT Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org