Volunteers make the NJICL possible and are the backbone of our league. In recognition of our amazing volunteers and in appreciation of the financial burden youth sports can place on families, we are stoked to offer our Volunteer Payback Program, providing parents and guardians of our student-athletes with the opportunity to earn back a portion of the participation fee by volunteering for the league.
Here is how it works:
You earn volunteer points for helping out the league in one of the many volunteer opportunities we offer; every volunteer point earns you $1 towards a registration refund, up to a maximum refund of $75 per student-athlete. Volunteer points will be awarded as follows:
- Level 3 Coach: 75 points
- Core Crew Member: 75 points
- Level 2 Coach: 40 points
- Level 1 Coach: 20 points
- Event weekend volunteer slots: 10 points / shift
The fine print:
- Volunteer Payback amounts will be pro-rated to the actual out-of-pocket payment amount for any student-athlete who was awarded a scholarship.
- Overall payout under this program will be limited to 10% of the league’s net registration revenue (Revenue); in the unlikely event that the total payout exceeds 10% of Revenue, individual volunteer payback amounts will be reduced on a pro-rated basis to bring the total payout to 10% of Revenue.
- Volunteer Payback checks will be issued by the league upon the completion of the season in early June.
- In order to be included for the Volunteer Payback Program, eligible volunteers are required to submit a simple Application Form [insert link] to the league any time, but no later than two days following the last race of the season.